Bulk trash pickup for residents of the city of Apache Junction contracted with Republic Services resumes May 6 after a temporary hold related to the virus outbreak. Also, residential recycling service will begin on May 6 as scheduled for those customers who have signed up for the special weekly pickup.
After a temporary suspension of bulk trash pickup services due to the coronavirus pandemic, Republic Services has announced it will resume this service beginning on Wednesday, May 6. There is no additional cost for this once-a-month service under the city contract. Bulk trash pickup must be scheduled in advance by calling 602-237-2078 to be added to the route.
Republic Services divided the city into four zones for bulk trash pickup service:
- Those who reside between Meridian Road and Ironwood Drive should call by May 1 to schedule their bulk pickup for May 6.
- Those who reside between Ironwood Drive and Idaho Road should call by May 8 to schedule their bulk pickup for May 13.
- Those who reside between Idaho and Tomahawk roads should call by May 15 to schedule their bulk pickup for May 20.
- Those who reside between Tomahawk and Goldfield roads should call by May 22 to schedule their bulk pickup for May 27.
This information can also be found in the Republic Services welcome packet or online at www.ajcity.net/trash.
Recycling service under the new city contract with Republic Services will begin on Wednesday, May 6. A resident wanting to add recycling to the standard trash service already in place must call 602-237-2078 to add this service at an additional cost of $8 per month. This includes pre-existing Republic Services customers. Under the new contract, recycling is optional.
- Trash service twice a week without recycling is $32.13 per quarter.
- Trash service twice a week plus once a week recycling is $56.13 per quarter.
Recycling will be picked up citywide for those residents subscribed to the service each Wednesday, beginning on May 6.
Recycling information, including what items are accepted, can be found in the Republic Services welcome packet or online at www.ajcity.net/trash.